Thursday, July 01, 2010

Walgreens Wonders

After reading the comments on Hip2Save's recent Walgreens video, I admit I was apprehensive about my first Walgreens foray this morning.

I'm happy to report that the Walgreens I visited was super helpful. The store manager helped me find an item and the cashier also went above and beyond to help me try to find one of the "Free with RR" items (unfortunately, they were sold out). The cashier was super helpful too, allowing me to use my coupons and do three transactions. I made sure to thank her, and I'll be returning to that Walgreens for sure!


Although we did grab a couple impulse items, we still made out better than 50%! Here's how it broke down:

Transaction #1:

  • (1) Airplus Aloe Socks (on sale for $3)
  • (4) Pringles (on sale for 4/$5)
I then used:
  • (1) $1.00/4 Pringles coupon
Total: $7.00 with a $3 RR

Transaction #2:
  • (4) Cambells' Soup ($1.49 ea.)
  • (5) Royal Gelatin ($0.62 - $0.69 ea.)
  • (1) Blistop (on sale for $5.00)
I then used:
  • (1) 5/$1.00 Royal Gelatin Walgreens coupon
  • (1) 2/$1.00 Campbell's Soup (limit 4) Walgreens coupon
  • (1) $3 RR from Trans. #1
Total: $5.00 with a $5.00 RR (basically FREE!!!)

Transaction #3:

  • (1) Honey Maid Graham Crackers (on sale for $3)
  • (1) Hershey's Milk Chocolate 6-pack (on sale for $3)
  • (1) Kraft Jet Puffed marshmallows (FREE when you buy the first two - $1.99 value)
  • (2) Arizona Specialty Teas ($1.00 ea.)
  • (2) Sub-Zero stainless steel water bottles (on sale for $2.99 ea.)
  • (1) DVD movie ($5.99)
  • (2) Walgreens Pure Water 24 pack (on sale for $4.00 ea.)
I then used:
  • (1) $2.19 ea. Walgreens Pure Water 24 pack (limit 2) coupon
  • (1) $1.00 off when you buy Honey Maid Grahams, Hershey's and Kraft Marshmallows
  • (1) $5.00 RR
Total: $18.35

My three transactions totaled: $30.35
Savings across the board (sales, coupons, RR etc.) totaled: 36.15

Even with the couple "impulse" buys, we still saved over 50%!

*happy dance*

No comments: