Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Great $aving$ today in Augusta! :-)

Today was my first real attempt at couponing. I got two copies of the Augusta Chronicle from Sunday, June 13th and two from last Sunday. I went through each paper and clipped all the coupons, filing them in a little cheap clutch I found at the PX.

Then, I went through the ads and wrote out the sale items for which I had coupons. I also checked Southern Savers to ensure the "deals" really were deals!

I ran out of time today, so only went to the three food stores (Kroger, Food Lion & Bi-Lo). I'll do the drug stores tomorrow (Walgreens, Rite-Aid & CVS).


I didn't take a photo as half my purchases are cold items and they'd been out long enough! So you'll have to make do with a list. :-)

Kroger

  • (3) Cheerios (on sale for $2.49 ea.)
  • (2) Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mix (on sale for $1.99 ea.)
  • (1) Banquet Frozen Meal ($1.00)
  • (2) Breyer's Ice Cream (on sale for $2.27 ea)
  • (2) Totino's Frozen Pizza (on sale for $1.25 ea)
  • ---------- the above items were part of the Daytona "Buy 10 Get $3 Off" special
  • (1) 5lb Ground Beef (on sale for $7.39)
  • (2) Tyson Chicken Breast (on sale for $1.99/lb)
  • (3) Butterball Lunchmeat (on sale for $2 ea.)
I then used the following coupons:
  • (3) $0.50 off Cheerios (doubled!)
  • (1) $0.75 off 2 Betty Crocker Supreme Brownie Mixes
  • (1) $0.75 off 2 Breyer's Ice Cream
  • (3) $0.75 off Butterball Lunchmeat
With the above sales, specials & coupons, my Kroger total came to $31.29. If I'd bought all of that at regular price, without any coupons and so forth, my total would have been: $66.88. Better than 50%!

Plus, I also got a Catalina for $1.50 off any 4 General Mills Cereals. It doesn't expire for a while, so I'll save it for the next time they're on sale!

Food Lion
  • (2) Whole Fruit Frozen Bars (on sale 2/$5)
  • (2) Cool Whip (on sale 2/$2)
  • (1) Delizza Frozen Mini Cream Puffs (on sale $3.99)
  • (2) Ballpark Hotdogs ($2.99, B1G1F)
  • (2) Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Mac (on sale $1)
I used the following coupons:
  • (2) $0.50 off Whole Fruit Frozen Bars
  • (1) $0.75 off 2 Ballpark Hotdogs
  • (1) $0.20 off 2 Cool Whip
My Food Lion total was $9.02 with a savings of $16.21 - again, way over 50%!

I also got a Catalina for $1.00 off 3 boxes of Whole Fruit bars!

Bi-Lo

This one wasn't as good as apparently the ad in the Sunday paper is only good until Tuesday. It's in the fine print on the top of the ad - I'd looked several times for the date and couldn't find it. *sigh*

  • Duke's Mayonnaise (on sale for $1.98)
I used the following coupon:
  • $0.50 off Duke's Mayonnaise (doubled!)
Bi-Lo total was: $0.98 - with a savings of $2.85 - again, better than 50%

2 comments:

Leah said...

Nice job, Bek! I look forward to seeing what you score at the drug stores!

Unknown said...

Research