Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Airplane Price Check at Walgreens....

I always have very good "luck" at Walgreens. I read so many posts and comments on blogs about how awful Walgreens is with coupons -- it all depends on the staff, and more importantly, the manager. I've dealt with different people each time I go to Walgreens and my experience has been amazing. Today, I couldn't find several items on the shelf... it wasn't as if they were sold out, I couldn't even find the spot for them. I asked a manager and he went into the back room and found exactly what I needed. Yippee! So, major coupon/customer service kudos to Walgreens, 3900 Washington Rd, Martinez GA. You rock!

Here's how it worked out:

Transaction #1:



Irwin Naturals Healthy Skin & Hair plus Nails Supplements 60 ct @ $10 (sale)
-- $10 RR makes it Free


Carmex Moisture Plus Lip Balm .07/.075 @ $2 ea. (sale)
-- $2 RR makes it Free


Sale savings of $5.98


Total: $12 + tax
Received: $12 in RR


Transaction #2:


(2) Renpure Organics Shampoo/Conditioner 8/13.5 oz @ $6.99
--- BOGO sale
-- Try me Free Rebate on select bottles made them both FREE


(3) Domino Sugar 4 lbs
-- $1.99 ea with in-ad coupon



(4) Campbell's Soup

-- 2/$1 with in-ad coupon
-- $0.50/2 coupon makes it $0.36 ea.
(I had two coupons, but only grabbed one. Oh well, still a great price!)


Sale savings of $6.99


Subtotal: $21.92
Coupons: -$19.46
Total: $2.46 + tax


Grand Total: $46.89 (cost) - $12.97 (sale) - $19.46 (coupons/RR) - $6.99 (rebate) = $7.47, a savings of 84%!

No comments: