Friday, January 05, 2007

Where we are now . . .

As you can see on the right, Sam and I are currently living in Caldwell, Idaho. We've moved around quite a bit in the last six-and-a-half years since we were married. We spent some time in Wisconsin while Sam finished up his classes at Northland Baptist Bible College. We then moved to Illinois and I worked for different public libraries and Sam worked for Boys and Girls Clubs of Chicago and Joliet. While there, I went to the College of DuPage and received my LTA (Library Technical Assistant). About two years ago (11/04) we moved back to Idaho where I again worked for a public library and Sam worked for AmeriCorps, setting up Community programs for the city of Eagle. For the last six months, I've started a new career by working for Holland Realty, the largest independent Real Estate firm in the Treasure Valley. No, I'm not an agent, but I am the Lead Front Desk Associate, managing in part the Front Desk staff working in the several branch offices. Sam is currently looking for a job, scouring the market for computer or teen outreach jobs. Let us know what's going on with you!

2 comments:

Rebekah Jones said...

We made it fine! I added an email link to my profile so you can email me too, if you want. Whew! I'm glad this is working!

Karis said...

I don't know if you remember us from Northland. We graduated in 2000. I was a transfer student and was only there for two years and lived in the trailers which I loved but I probably didn't get to know as many people as I would've had I lived in the dorms. I know we weren't in any classes together, but I remember seeing you around campus.

We are Baptist Mid-Missions appointees to the country of Cameroon, West Africa. We have been on deputation full time since August, and we are at 15% of our support. We have had meetings every weekend since August except for Christmas eve and one that got snowed out so we have been very busy. I saw your comment on Josh and Bekah's blog and figured I would stop by.

Karis